Headliner is an online provider of entertainment services ("Services") which includes maintaining a register of artists of a range of genres ("Act(s)" "you", "your", "user(s)") to enable you, as an event planner ("Event Planner" "you" "your" "user(s)"), to book your favourite Act to help make your event a success.
- as an Event Planner, when you visit our website, apps and/or social media, register with us, email or call us, or contact us for any purpose to use our Services or participate in competitions or promotions; or
- as an Act, when you register your details to be retained on our database of Acts, to provide Services to our Event Planners.
In each case to ensure we provide you with a better user experience and to continue to improve our Services and support to you, we may share your information with third parties such as agents, venues, promoters or sponsors who we refer to as our "Event Partners".
Headliner is a 'data controller' and therefore we have responsibility for how your personal information is used. Your information is always collected, received, stored and processed strictly in accordance with, the Data Protection Act 1998.
When you register with Headliner on our Site, we collect the following personal information from you, which includes:
- name, postal address and postcode, email address and telephone number, nationality, preferred language, bank account and credit card details; and
- Site and app usage information such as your browser details, IP Address and details of your browsing experience, the unique identifier of your device, operating system, GPS location or download activities.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to information we already hold about you in order to help us verify your identity and improve our Services to you.
Examples of information we gather include:
When you send an enquiry to an Act, we shall collect information about your event, the location and details of any other relevant communications with you to enable us to provide our Services to you. You will also need to provide certain details to our Acts to enable them to provide their Services to you. We also require our Act to observe confidentiality obligations to protect your information as part of their agreement with Headliner. This also ensures the safety and security of all parties as well as the providing us with the information we need to provide a streamlined Service to you;
Remuneration of Acts
We also collect bank account details of our Acts, to enable us to ensure Acts are remunerated appropriately, but we do not hold debit or credit card information of our Acts at any time.
When you conduct a search of our Site, apps or social media systems, we use tracking tools such as cookies and web beacons to collect information about your usage and browsing activities and we record this into our logs. This helps us improve our search facilities to provide you with more relevant results to improve your user experience.
By using services like Google Analytics we also collect statistics on devices, operating systems, browser information location etc. Again, this helps us to continually improve our Service and to provide you with a more personal user experience.
We gather your information to allow us to:
- process your registration and to communicate with you to process and fulfill any Orders you make to book our Services;
- if you are an Act, to effectively maintain your up to date registration on our Database of Acts, and to enable you to communicate with, and to perform the Services requested by our customers;
- to assist us to continually improve and develop our Site and our Services.
The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to process and administer your account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the operation of your account and the provision of our Services in general. If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Site usage in order to help us to develop our Site, apps, social media platforms and our Services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the Services that we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our Services.
To promote your safety and security we use the information we collect to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
We may share your information with third parties so that they can provide services to us (e.g. postal and courier services, call centre providers, professional advisers or a market research company), but where we do we will put in place a written agreement protecting your information. Where you have consented to be contacted by certain third parties by email or other means, we may provide your information to them and they may use it for advertising or marketing purposes. To enable you to purchase Services through our Site, your information may also be shared with relevant third parties to enable them to process and fulfil your Orders. They may also need to contact you in connection with your Order.
Where required or permitted by law, we may share information requested by a government agency or other regulatory body or organisation, to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any Act, Event Partner, or third party, or in the detection and prevention of fraud (including credit card or identity fraud) and other crimes.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our Site or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send a blank email message to [email protected]. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to [email protected]. If you agree to us providing you with third party marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
We may also provide your information to carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to disclose your information in this way, please send an email to [email protected].
- Authentication and security: for example, to tell us when you are logged in so we can show you your information and relevant data and protect your account from unauthorised users.
- Analytics and research: we collect data about the usage of the platform to analyse where improvements can be made and provide an easy to use overall user experience of our platform.
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information:
- All communication between your browser (whether desktop or mobile) and our servers is performed through a secure connection using encryption. All the information is stored safely in our servers and available/disclosed only to Headliner employees who need to access that information in order to process it to provide our Services, and strictly upon entering into obligations of confidentiality in respect of your information.
- We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area ('EEA') that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this policy. However, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to [email protected] or send a letter to Stan Mcleod at Headliner Entertainment Limited, 145-147 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details this can be changed in your account settings. If you wish to cancel your registration, or unsubscribe to our communications, please let us know the correct details by sending a support request here: [email protected] or send a letter to Stan Mcleod, Headliner Entertainment Limited, 145-147 St John Street, London, EC1V. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Headliner Entertainment Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 9081200 and having its registered office address at 145-147 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW