Browse and request a free quote from our vetted, professional acts.
Message the act directly through the platform before paying a deposit through our secure and simple booking platform.
Let our acts take centre stage and blow you and your guests away with their performance.
Do you want to find some of the best wedding bands in London? You've come to the right place! Headliner has the best selection of fantastic bands for hire in London. Hiring a great wedding band can make a massive difference between your guests remembering your wedding as a good one, versus a great one! When looking for a London band, there are so many options to choose from. So how and when do you start looking for bands in London? We've written a handy hiring guide for you to walk you through the process. Headliner helps you source and book great soloists, bands and DJs for your wedding, party or corporate event. If you're looking to find a band in London, look no further than Headliner!
There are loads of wedding bands in London to choose from! Particularly in London, you have a feast of different types to choose from. All of our wedding bands based in London are professionals who are happy to accommodate you for your wedding. In particular, a wedding band only specialises in playing live music for weddings! Quite commonly, they also offer DJ services in between their sets, so that you are covered for music throughout the night.
Wedding bands come in a variety of different styles. Whether you want funk or soul, rock or pop - there is a wedding band out there for you. Some wedding bands are more niche like swing bands or brass bands, as well. Each type of band offers a wonderful personalised experience for your special day. Also, if having a band on stage isn't your thing (or the venue doesn't offer a stage) you could consider hiring a roaming band that is capable of moving through the crowds. Whatever option you pick, each band will go out of their way to ensure that you have a beautiful time at your wedding.
If you are interested in a smaller version of a large band, many bands even offer duo and trio versions of their band, often focusing on acoustic melodies. This way, you can have a lighter sound during the day, and amp up the music later for your reception.
Wedding bands are usually self-contained. This means they offer a whole package in one. You will get a wonderful set (usually 2 x 45 minute sets, or 3 x 30 minute sets) with PA (sound equipment), lights and travel included.
Their sets are specifically tailored to weddings, and they will often travel large distances to perform.
The most experienced wedding bands play loads of different kinds of music to cater to your audience. Although there are some wedding bands specialise by genre, most wedding bands play a variety of hit music for your guests. With Headliner, we offer the best wedding bands for you to take your pick from. From chart-topping hits to era-specific classics, your needs will sure to be covered for your special night.
1. Pop, Rock and Indie bands Whether you are looking for Pop, Rock, Indie or something in-between, these wedding bands are highly sought after for entertainment. They will play a wonderfully energetic and varied set of dance music for your party. With repertoires ranging between classic and modern rock, as well as pop music, you're guaranteed to have a night that your guests will love. From the Rolling Stones to Ed Sheeran, the preferences of all your guests will be covered.
2. Acoustic and Roaming bands Nothing beats the acoustic guitar. Acoustic bands are often in high-demand for London weddings. Acoustic bands might be a great choice for venues that have sound limiters. Additionally, roaming bands offer a certain allure. Perhaps your venue doesn't have a massive stage, or you just want more of a spontaneous evening, roaming bands are the choice for you. These bands can be a quirky alternative to the traditional wedding band. Acoustic and roaming bands offer a warm and intimate experience for a relaxed wedding ceremony and playful drinks reception. From traditional guitar-based acoustic bands to Mariachi, bluegrass to barbershop Headliner artists cover it all.
3. Funk, Soul and Motown bands If you really want to boogie - book a funk, soul or Motown band!. The ultimate party bands specialise in getting you to groove, and what better way than with classics from the 70s and onward? Expect everything from Aretha Franklin to Bruno Mars, as the funk genre spans over many generations. One of these bands are sure to get your guests moving out of their seats.
4. Lively Jazz and Swing bands Some of our most stylish wedding bands have their roots in jazz. Lively jazz and swing bands, perform modern hits in jazzy styles. For a sophisticated, romantic and unique touch you might consider hiring a jazz band for your wedding celebrations. Jazz bands range in a variety of styles. Be it roaming gypsy jazz or fiery Latin Jazz, classical background music, or swing singers at the forefront.
5. Rat Pack and Big bands Looking to take your guests back to another era? Delight their senses with the classic sounds of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, Nina Simone and Louis Armstrong. If you're looking to bring an extra element of class to your wedding, consider hiring a classic big band. You can choose to have the full, big band experience to raise the roof, or opt for a toned-down version, according to the vibe you'd like to create at your wedding.
Most wedding bands on the Headliner platform will either play 2 x 45 minute sets, or 3 x 30 minute sets. However, you can agree to a set performance time with your band when requesting a quote. Requesting additional performance time will increase the fee, though any bands for hire in London will be willing to negotiate.
Most bands will require a 15 minute break in between sets. They usually will provide background music (better known as a DJ service) so that the music remains uninterrupted. If you request a DJ set (professional DJing) afterwards, many bands also offer this as an option for an additional fee. This will also increase the time the band is there for.
All of Headliner's artists go through an extensive vetting process before being approved to go live on the platform. This is a measure of quality control issued by a member of the Headliner team. This means when putting through an enquiry to any acts from Headliner, you are working with the best in the business. Led by the highest standards, all of our acts are professional, friendly and experienced.
In regards to wedding bands, the genres are usually varied to accommodate a wide-range of tastes. However, some wedding bands specialise in specific genres. When you're looking for a wedding band, it's recommended that you watch their showreel and listen to their audio tracks. Each act has their own distinctive style that sets them apart from the other acts.
Our acts also put up example set lists on their Headliner profile to display the types of artists you can expect them to cover.
Headliner Acts are vetted artists who are well experienced in a variety of functions and discos. From corporate affairs to weddings, birthday parties to club launches, our acts come well versed in what's needed for each function. Ask the Headliner team to help you source the best act for your event. Additionally, most of our acts have reviews and testimonials on their Headliner profiles showcasing useful references from past clients.
All the prices and fees listed on the Headliner platform are transparent. Whatever quote you and the act agree to is the one you will pay - there are no hidden fees! In order to proceed with booking the right act for your event, we recommend that you make sure you understand what their price includes, as well as if any additional equipment is needed. Once an act is confirmed, you'll be able to call them directly. Headliner is the best place for finding local acts for hire that you will love! Whether it's north, south, east or west, we have a wedding band near you.
It’s well known that when paired correctly, great music can make for a fantastic wedding. Understandably, when you are hosting...Read more
Are you getting married and are looking for the best wedding hymns for your wedding singer to sing at your...Read more
We’ve curated a playlist for our favourite piano hits! Everyone loves a good piano song. There is something incredibly alluring...Read more